- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 1 onion
- 100g of pancetta or smoked bacon lardons
- 15 (or so) cherry tomatoes
- 1 litre chicken stock (can be from a stock cube)
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- salt and pepper
Fry the onion and bacon until the onion is soft and the bacon is crispy. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan along with the rice. Fry for a further few minutes and then add your splash of wine. Once the wine has bubbled away for a minute or two add your stock, but only a ladle-full at a time. Stir and keep adding stock as you need it until the rice is cooked and all the liquid has been incorporated.
Add pepper – you probably won’t need salt, and serve – it’s delicious!