This wonderful deep, rich and warming pudding is a variation the Chocolate Pear Pudding from Nigella Express. I tried the original recipe and wasn’t sold on the idea of pears with chocolate, so decided to try remaking it with some raspberries I had in the freezer.
This version is wonderful and would be even better served with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream on top of the hot pudding (which is all melty in the middle). *Pudding heaven*
Devastatingly, we didn’t have any ice-cream in the freezer when I made this. Oh well, I guess that just gives me the perfect excuse to make it again next week.
Chocolate Raspberry Pudding
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 125g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g soft butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400ºF and grease 6 small ovenproof ramekins or dishes.
- Put all the ingredients except the raspberries in a food processor and blitz until you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Mix in the raspberries then spoon into the dishes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let stand out of the oven for 5 or 10 minutes (otherwise there will be very burned mouths) then top with a large scoop of vanilla ice-cream and enjoy! *sigh*