Sometimes you need to indulge, and these Chocolate Toffee Brownies are a great way of doing just that! They are deeply chocolately, chewy and oh so satisfying! I had a bad case of that Monday-morning feeling yesterday, so I made a cup of tea and ate 2 of these little beauties and life suddenly seemed much brighter. I swear there’s magic in a good brownie!
The marshmallows melt and bubble and turn into gooey toffee inside the brownies. It wasn’t intentional when I added marshmallows to the mix, but it was a great result. Sometimes some of life’s greatest discoveries are by accident and this is one of those!
- 5 eggs
- 500g caster sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
- 30g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas 3.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with a handheld electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the flour and cocoa powder and beat until all the ingredients are well mixed. Pour in the melted butter and mix through. Stir the walnuts and chocolate in by hand until evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases or a silicone muffin tray (I used a heart-shaped one). Makes approx 16, depending on the size of the cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the top is firm but the centre is still soft. Leave to cool completely.